Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Best Little Yarn Crawl in Texas 2011

This was my first year participating in The Best Little Yarn Crawl in Texas. I only made it to 4 of the 9 stops, but it was so much fun! I came home with a head full of project ideas and all kinds of knitting goodies.

I beefed up my stash with some sparkly sock yarn, beautifully heathered alpaca lace weight, and malabrigo lace weight in the best dark green color. Yarn with a bit of glitter in it seems to be the trend this fall, a trend that I was happy to indulge in!

We visited all the shops in the Austin area: The Knitting Nest, Hill Country Weavers, and Gauge. Then, my yarn crawl buddy and I got adventurous and took our toddlers out to Old Oaks Ranch Monday morning. Oh man, do I love me some alpacas! I have to say, as much fun as we had at the ranch, I was disappointed that I didn't get to touch an alpaca even though their ad in the passport says "Come touch an alpaca!". We also didn't get a free gift there, but taking pictures of the kiddos running around the sculpture garden was a great souvenir.

Everyone we encountered along the crawl was super friendly and helpful. I think it's great that they changed things up a bit this year so there's a giveaway that you can enter for each store.
Hopefully next year I can make it to all the stores so I can be eligible for the grand prize! Now if you'll excuse me, I have some serious knitting to attend to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment