Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Miles and Miles of Squares

Pattern: Sheep and Wool Hat
Needles: size 7 and 8
Yarns: GGH Campano (multi) and Plymouth Yarn Suri Merino (cream)

Modifications:
For the crown, I used the decrease style from Brooklyn Tweed’s Turn a Square Hat. I did double the decreases to make it more shallow. The only thing I wish I had done differently was pick 2 yarns closer in weight. Alas.

I really enjoyed knitting this. I've never done stranded knitting before, and I was surprised how easy it was. I don't think I'm ready to tackle some crazy 6 color sweater of a Nativity scene or anything, but I would like to make the Ode to Eames socks one day.

I've also never done a knitted hem before, but that went well also. It makes the hat very warm.

*mmm...hat guts*

I made this for my sister at her request and she says she likes it and that it matches her snowboarding jacket, hooray! I made two different sizes of optional pompoms to accommodate her level of whimsy at the moment.

*ignore the bizarre look of my shoulders. it's hard taking a picture of the top of your own head*

I have one more project I finished this 2008, but it's going to have to wait until '09 to be posted. Oh well, so it goes.

Happy New Year! My your 2009 be full of good cheer and fun projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment