Monday, February 23, 2009

Welcome to the World, Little One!

I'm happy to announce the birth of my nephew, Chris the third!
He was born on Friday the 13th (just missed being a Valentine's baby by an hour); he clocked in at 6 pounds, 11 ounces and 19 inches long.

He, my brother and my sister-in-law are healthy and happy. They are going to be great parents. I was really impressed by how calm and confident they are taking care of him. And I appreciate that they lets us all hold him as much as we liked.

He's the first baby in our family. My parents are thrilled at becoming grandparents and my sisters and I couldn't be prouder aunts.

It was neat to see him and recognize his features from both of our families. He's got his mom's nose and chin and it looks like he'll have blue eyes like my brother. He's got long fingers and feet like my dad. And, although I wasn't able to get a picture, he's got a dimple like people on both sides of the family.


And clearly, he's already got a personality of his own. He was very patient with his aunts, uncles, and friends passing him around, making faces at him and generally loving him like crazy.




It was sad to say good bye to everyone, but hopefully we'll be able to see them again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment