Thursday, March 12, 2009

Catching up

First off, Tasha was kind enough to bestow upon me a Kreativ Blogger award. I've never gotten any kind of blogging award before. I'm just happy when I get more than two hits a week. Thanks Tasha!

I've been busy with real life non-bloggable things. Spring is a busy time. I'm almost done with a sock, I have a headless felted deer, and a quilt that needs binding. My Spring Break starts at 4 pm tomorrow so hopefully I can wrap these projects up in the next week.

We gave up drinking for Lent. It's ruined our social life. I never realized how much of our entertainment involves beer. So the friends have stopped calling and we don't invite anyone out since it's weird to invite someone to a bar and then not drink.
The not drinking thing isn't bad. I miss the bottle of wine we usually have Sunday nights and I miss our partying friends, but other than that, it's not as big of a deal as I thought it would be.

My birthday is Sunday. Ides of March, take that Julius Cesar! I am offically in my late twenties. We're going to have a nice fancy dinner at one of my favorite restaurants (sans wine, darn). Hopefully there will be some double chocolate brownies involved.
My birthday is always during Lent, Spring Break, and SXSW. There's a lot of fun stuff going on, but not usually many people around for a party. Or, they've given up drinking, brownies and parties.
* chris III was bored by this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment