Monday, August 16, 2010

Waldorf - Inspired Doll Take 2

Taller but daintier than her older brother, and sewing-wise, this little girl is a vast improvement on my first attempt. She's a full 12 inches tall, made from a pattern I drafted. Her hair is 100% sport weight alpaca and is so soft! I had an easier time on the eyes this go-around too, but they're still not quite where I want them to be.


Making doll clothes without a real pattern tries my patience severely, so I kept it simple. Once I settle on a body pattern I'm 100% happy with, I'll officially draft more sophisticated clothing. I made her for a friend of a friend that is having a little girl in September. They have a bumblebee theme going and I just happened to have some bee fabric scraps leftover from the Loose Change Quilt I made a couple of years ago.


*I'm slowly making a doll army*

No comments:

Post a Comment