Monday, June 6, 2011

Belinda's Dream Rose


For Mother's Day, I got a rose bush from the Antique Rose Emporium. I've been wanting an antique rose bush since we got a yard. Today, I got my first rose! The name of this shrub is Belinda's Dream. Lovely, no?


Sadly, we are in a serious drought and temperatures are more like late July than early June.
See those scattered thunderstorms? The weatherman keeps teasing us about water falling from the sky, but it's been a long time since that's happened in my yard. I'm working hard to keep all the plants we put in this spring alive.

My Coral Drifter has a little bloom explosion going on right now. One of the benefits of Knockout and Antique rose varieties is their hardiness. Their dainty good looks are just a ruse.

My container cherry tomato plants have some fruit now, this one plucked too soon by an over-eager toddler. Too bad it isn't big enough to fry!

All this "look at my inspiration board" and "look at my garden" may lead one to believe that there has been no knitting, crafting, or doll making of any kind...but there has! I just haven't gotten decent photos of anything. Soon, my friends, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment