Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lanesplitter

Pattern: Lanesplitter
Yarn: Noro Taiyo color 6 (discontinued)
Needles: size 9

I have to say, I had my doubts about this project. I tried to knit a skirt in the past and was met with FTCO syndrome (Failure To Cast On) so now I have lots and lots or brown yarn to contend with. I digress. This pattern was simple to make and the results are striking. That's my favorite kind of pattern to make!
I was worried that the seam would be unsightly, but I think the colors lined up reasonably well. Instead of picking up and knitting the waistband, I used the lining instructions from So Knit Picky and it made the project go even faster. The skirt is extremely comfortable...I can't wait for cooler weather so I can wear it. Perhaps with these Frye Boots? Dear boot fairy, I am a size 9.

Also, I do plan on fixing my blog header relatively soon. The empty wagon is not some sort of existential statement. Something is wrong with my eyes and staring intently at a screen only makes things worse. I am getting myself to a doctor soon though, so no worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment