Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It Takes a Village Baby Blanket

A member of Knitters Anonymous, the awesome knittin' and drinkin' group I'm in, recently had a little boy. While she was busy growing a human life, the rest of us made her this blanket.
We used two colors of Naturally Caron Spa and each member contributed a panel.
The only instructions given were to CO 36 stitches and knit in your chosen stitch pattern until your piece measured 32". I gathered up all the panels, stitched them together, and did a single crochet border around the edge to tie it all together. I think it looks very sweet and it is silky soft, perfect for delicate baby skin. Sorry for the blurry, picture, it's the only one I have. I think my camera is starting to lose it. : /
Anyway, I think this is a great project for a gift from a knitting group, but were I ever to do it again I would go with a cotton yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment