Thursday, April 12, 2012

Weaving!


Last week, I was treated to a weaving class at Hill Country Weavers. I don't NEED a new hobby, but it was really fun. And about as instant of gratification as you can get from a fiber craft.

For the scarf I made in class, I used some scraps from my stash. I think it came out surprisingly well! After that practice, it was time to get down to business. One of the great things about the class is that you get to borrow a loom for 5 weeks afterward (and if you decide to purchase it, you get a discount!).
So for my first "real" woven project, I made a subtle hounds tooth scarf with some Cascade Pure Alpaca. It took longer than the first one, but that's because it is long - 87" long, not counting the 4 inches of fringe on the ends.
(my modeled shots always fail)


It is soft a beautiful and I love it so much I might just be wearing it right now, despite the 80 degree weather. Hopefully I have enough time to make another one or two lovelies before I have to return the loom. Maybe if I'm extra-good this year, Santa will put one under the tree for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment