Tuesday, May 15, 2012

At Last - the Clapotis




Pattern: Clapotis
Yarn: Berroco Weekend in icy blue
Needles: size 8

I have wanted to make this pattern for six years. How insane is that? I actually attempted it once, with some ridiculously awful novelty yarn. It was glittery and ribbony and just really not good. I was a new knitter though. We all go through that phase. Anyway, it was a disaster.

This Clapotis has been a long time coming. I made it for my mom, originally for her birthday, but it ended up being Mother's Day before I finished it up. This pattern is teeedious. There are a million repeats of what is pretty much just stockinette. I had to put it down several times.

But then came the wonderful day it was done. I threw it over my shoulders and suddenly did not want to part with it. It's so perfectly sized and delightfully drape-y. It's like having a warm towel to put around your shoulders after getting out of a cold pool. I want my own. I now understand why people slog though several of these. It might take me another six years to get around to it, but there most likely will be another one of these in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment