Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sppikey, Yet Soft

Pattern: Celestine
Needles: size 6 dpns
Yarn: a mystery

It's hard to get an idea of the size of this thing. I forgot to put in a reference object. It's huge. 12 inches in diameter. i like it, but I'm not sure what purpose it could ever serve.

It could be a fun baby toy. It's pretty hugable, despite the points. It was a really fun knit and a great stash buster. I could imagine doing one and felting it for a whimsical decoration or doing one in a bulky yarn to make a weirdo couch pillow.

When I first started knitting, I was anti socks and toys. I thought they were kind of stupid. Then I realized sweaters tended to be boring, expensive, and rarely fit the way I wanted. Although I am hankering for a bigger project...we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment