Monday, August 31, 2009

Baby Earflap Hat

Pattern: Baby / Kid's Earflap Hat (infant size)
Yarn: Jo-Ann Sensations Soles and More
Needles: size 2
Made for: baby - to - be, modeled by the ever adorable Baby Chris

I made this for my little one due in November, but I made it infant size since baby sizing seems to be all over the place and they grow so quickly. But, it fits my 6 month old nephew (who is in size 9-12 month clothing). There's no way my kiddo will be that big by February, which is the last month cold enough for a hat in Texas.

Luckily, the pattern is a fun, quick knit and I have plenty of yarn leftover. I did increase the stitch count by 50% because I didn't get gauge. Why bother knitting a bunch of swatches when you can do math? And then have your sweet and patient husband correct it?

No comments:

Post a Comment