Friday, May 16, 2008

Merrily, Merrily


*trailer available here*

I finally got a copy of the short film I worked on almost a year ago. I've only seen two of the five films I've made in the past year, and so far, this one is the best.

It was my first time being a full fledged Art Director, and I was so excited, flattered and nervous that James M. Johnson asked me to do the job. He wanted a slightly surreal surban home with the feel of a rainy day. His original plan was to shoot black and white, but because of budget constraints, we went with a monochromatic palette of blue.

It was the first time I've ever had so much control over the process and I got to pick costumes as well. As I mentioned, it as unbelievably exciting. And the people I worked with are so talented. There is nothing like working with rising stars (in the sense of performers and crew members)

Merrily Merrily was submitted to the Sarasota film festival and got a nice review by Keith Uhlich. I hope it continues to be well receipted on the circuit, its next stop being Tallahassee.
The film was directed by James M. Johnson and edited by Davis Lowery .

No comments:

Post a Comment