My new sewing machine (a Singer 4423) is awesome. It was my big Christmas gift this year and I've really enjoyed using it. The only downside is that it came with a less than attractive plastic cover.
I remedied that today with this super simple project. Before I made this sewing machine cover, I looked up a few tutorials but in the end I just measured it, sketched up a rough idea of what each piece should look like and stitched it up. I wasn't able to complete it in one sitting but I would estimate I spent about an hour total.
My sister taught me how to make these easy and cute roses from felt last year. I used up-cycled felted sweaters for both the roses and the leaves, but any felt will do. There's a tutorial on how to make them here.