Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Nekkid No More - Sewing Machine Cover

My new sewing machine (a Singer 4423) is awesome. It was my big Christmas gift this year and I've really enjoyed using it. The only downside is that it came with a less than attractive plastic cover.

I remedied that today with this super simple project. Before I made this sewing machine cover, I looked up a few tutorials but in the end I just measured it, sketched up a rough idea of what each piece should look like and stitched it up. I wasn't able to complete it in one sitting but I would estimate I spent about an hour total.
My sister taught me how to make these easy and cute roses from felt last year. I used up-cycled felted sweaters for both the roses and the leaves, but any felt will do. There's a tutorial on how to make them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment